Sunday, November 20, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow - what a busy and exciting weekend this has been. Friday night, luckily, is my rest day so I didn't have to squeeze in a workout. The high school parents committee sponsored a really nice Ladies Night Out tricky tray and dinner. I didn't get home until well after midnight, so my plan of running on Saturday morning to kick of the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge was out the window. The only thing I had time for was a 2 mile walk with the dogs. Woke up on Saturday at around 9 (which is really later for me) and got the kids ready to go to the mall after my walk. My youngest son needed new snowboarding clothes, I needed to running shoes, and my older son needed a new sweatshirt and sneakers.  We ended up at Macy's and Dicks Sporting Goods.  My son got a really great Under Armour Sweatshirt  (see photo at right) and KSwiss shoes.  The other son ended up with a Spyder sweater and Under Armour damage. I decided to switch back to Mizuno running shoes. I ran the marathon in Asics and I liked them, but when I tried on two different pairs yesterday, the Mizuno's were more comfortable. I ran in them this morning and they felt good. I almost bought a pair of the lighter shoes that seem to be all over the place. The only hesitation I have with them, however, is that I have had a lot of issues in the past with plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis. I'm not sure if the shoes would have enough support for me. They felt good when I tried them on (I tried the Nike Lunarglide) - maybe next time. So after doing quite a bit of damage to my budget at the mall, we rushed home to make it to a job fair.

My baby is now 14 and ready for work! We went to Mountain Creek's job fair so he could apply to be a snow tubing attendant.  He got the job!  We were both so excited.  I am so proud of him =) To celebrate, we went out to the diner for dinner. I totally blew it as far as calories go, but I had such a nice time with my boys. We talked and laughed for over an hour and a half. Dinner was a great country chicken with a caramel apple pie for dessert.

Me and my little guy at West Milford HS
From dinner, we went to my high school for a tattoo  with the Highlander band. We have such a great band and it was really a treat. That didn't end until 11:00, so again it was after midnight before I got home.  Somehow I did manage to make it to my 8:15 yoga class and ran 5 miles after that.

HBBC points so far:  Saturday 2 + 1(veggies and fruit ) = 3
Sunday: 5 (run) + 4.5 (90 min yoga) + 1(v&f) = 10.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10