Thursday, November 24, 2011

Virtual Turkey Trot Recap

So I decided not to get up and run the Sparta Turkey Trot this morning. I had a really hard workout last night and just wanted to sleep in. Luckily, I have a NordicTrack Elite 9500 (mine doesn't have the built in tablet thought) treadmill with iFit. When I got home last night joined a Portland Oregon 5K to run this morning whenever I felt like getting up.  I didn't think to look at the map and the elevation. Got on the treadmill at around 11:15 and warmed up for 1.5 miles. Started the race and it was going really well until about half way through when the course started to go straight up hill!  I was at about 9 - 12% incline for the last mile.  Needless to say, I had a hard time running, so I switched to a 4.5 mph fast walk.  I did manage to finish the course in 32 minutes which wasn't too bad.  Now I get to go enjoy some great food at mom's without feeling too guilty =)

Today's Workout: 4.6 mile run - 4.6 points I will definitely get my 7 servings in today! - 1 point  Total points for HBBC: 5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10