Monday, November 21, 2011

Short and Sweet

Hello all! (Although by all I probably mean only one or two of you) =)  I just want to post today's exercise so that I can keep track for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge. We have parent teacher conferences at school tomorrow so I won't be able to work out at all. I'm kind of bummer since Tuesday is usually my favorite workout day. Still haven't decided if I should run the Sparta Turkey Trot on Thursday morning. I'll probably just decided the night before. I'll have to pay a little bit more, but I really don't want to commit to it.
My two goals for this year are to 1. Improve my yoga practice 2. Increase my speed
I figure that if I keep repeating the goals, i'll stick to it.  I'm going to try a Buff Yoga class next week. The kundalini yoga last week was OK, but my gym offers a cardio class called Fabulous Five that I think I'll try instead. It's a high impact class and is supposed to be a good one.  On the running front, I think I am getting a little bit faster. I usually run for an hour on the treadmill and have found that I can pretty much run the whole hour at 6.0 - 6.8 mph. A few months ago I was holding steady at 5.5 - 6.2 mph.  I think that's a pretty good improvement! The Turkey Trot on Thursday will be a good test to see if I have gotten faster or not since I haven't run a short race in a long time.  As I write this, I'm realizing that I definitely should get my butt out of bed on Thursday and run it.

Today's Workout:  1 hour spin class: 6 points  Ate my fruits and veggies: 1 point  Total for today - 7 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10