Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Recovery =)

What a productive day I had!  Thanksgiving was wonderful - spent a lot of quality time with my family and just really enjoyed the day.  Luckily my mom is pretty health conscious, so although we ate a lot, she provided some great healthy options like roasted vegetables, turnips, and sweet potatoes.  We still had the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and asparagus casserole of course, but I didn't leave the table feeling utterly guilty!

Got up this morning at 7 and went to an 8 AM yoga class.  It was a new instructor, and he was terrific!  He really made sure that everyone was doing the poses correctly.  It was a great way to start the day.  From yoga, I headed upstairs to the Hardcore Body class.  This class is NO JOKE - it kicked my butt!  Hardcore cardio drills for a full hour.  I went through two full bottles of water during the class.  Needless to say, I left assured that my pumpkin pie and birthday cake were gone. (My birthday is tomorrow and my mom had a cake for me)
Happy Birthday to Me! - 42 yay!
Got home, and took all the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Once I got my son out of bed (lazy teenager), we set up the outdoor lights - snow man, two reindeer, and bushes.  It was sunny and in the 60's today, so it was a perfect day to do it.  Got both trees (artificial) up, but some lights are out and I did not want to go to the store today. We'll get the trees decorated once I pick up some more lights.

Christmas shopping for the kids was accomplished today as well - all online of course =)
Great day - now I'm pooped!

Today's workout: yoga 1 hour - 3 points  Hardcore Body class 1 hour - 6 points  Veggies and Fruit - 1 point
Total points today:  10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10