Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Will everything else be a let down after NY? I hope not!

So I was listening to a podcast about marathons last night and the host was talking about the NY Marathon.  One of the listeners wrote in that she was running the NY marathon as her first marathon.  He was shocked!  He made it seem like once you run NY, nothing else compares.  I hope that's not the case.  NY was the second marathon I ran (Marine Corp. was the first).  Since I do plan on running more marathons, I sincerely hope that I am not going to be let down when I run in places that aren't NY.  Right now the plan is to run NY again next year.  I am already qualified, so I might as well take the bib.  Chicago and Disney are also on my list.  An overseas marathon would be cool too.  Does anyone out there have an opinion on this?  I am hoping that I won't regret running NY so early in my marathon history.  Should I have saved it for later?  Please let me know about other great marathons you have run.  I am sure there are lots out there!

Today's workout schedule:  5 mile run followed by a cardio-barre class

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10