Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kundalini Yoga

I had my first experience with Kundalini Yoga tonight. Since one of my goals for the year is to improve my yoga practice, it seems like a good idea to try the various classes. I liked it. It wasn't as active as I was hoping for, but I need to learn to relax and meditate. This class will be good for me as far as that goes. I took a spin class right before it, so at least I got all of my energy out somewhere today. Fire breath was hard to learn. Luckily the instructor knew that I was new and came over to help me. We did another exercise where I was on my stomach with my hand pointed forward. I had to lift my arms and legs and then start that fire breath. I got really dizzy! The instructor told me that my body was detoxing - yay! Will I do it again?  Yes - I think it's worth another go. The biggest mistake I made tonight was not bringing a change of clothes for after the spin class. My sport bra and shirt were really sweaty and then I got to the yoga room where we were basically just meditating. I got extremely chilled and had to finish the class in my jacket!

Today's workout - Spin class and Kundalini Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10