Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beautiful Day

Today has been such a peaceful, beautiful day. I don't want it to end! I started with a gentle yoga class this morning at 8. This has now become a new goal of mine - get better at yoga. I am pretty good at the poses once I learn them, but I am very unsure of the different names so I find myself with my eyes open through most of the class because I am watching the instructor. Hopefully I can get to point where I don't have to be in the front of the class and I can just close my eyes, relax, and do the things she says to do. Vynasa yoga is still a little bit difficult for me. It just goes too fast and not being familiar with the poses makes that hard. On the bus ride to the marathon last weekend, I overheard a girl talking about how she never is sore and rarely gets injured. She swore it was because of all the yoga she does. We'll see. I'm going to aim for two classes a week.

After the hike, I met up with three of my girls and we went for a beautiful hike around Skylands Manor.  It was a picture perfect day for hiking.  We did run into a bit of trouble trying to find the trail around Shepard's Lake (picture on left) and had to climb through prickly bushes and trees for awhile before we got back on track. It was all good though.

After the hike, we head to Prime 15  for lunch.  I had a nice big skirt steak, french onion soup, a baked potato and a glass of pinot noir.  It was soooo enjoyable.  The fresh air wore me out in a good way.  Now I'm home and getting ready for a full week of school tomorrow.  We haven't had a full week in three weeks because of teacher conventions last week and a snow storm the week before.

On the Twitter front - I'm getting the hang of it.  I have started following some people and it is really amazing how many people are out there with similar interests and really great blogs. I even joined (I think) a Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge at Run To the Finish.  I posted a link to it on the wall here.  If any of you that started following me are reading this, please let me know if I am making a fool of myself with the tweets.  Yesterday I tried to send someone a tweet directly.  Unfortunately I sent it someone else and had to redo it.  I also don't really get when to use the # symbol in the tweets.

Here are some more pics of the manor - It really is a beautiful place.  I can't wait to go back in the spring and summer to see the botanical gardens that are there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10