Monday, March 23, 2009

Longest Run Yet


Sunday morning I got myself up at 6:15 and went running. I even left a good party early on Saturday to make sure I wouldn't slack off. I ran 11.8 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes. That is longest I have every run and it felt terrific. I am not even as sore today as I thought I would be. My goal is to finish the 1/2 marathon in under 2 1/2 hours. I don't think that's going to be a problem. Having a wheat tortilla with peanut butter and a banana before the runs seems to be working well, so i'll stick with it. I also like the sport beans much better than the gel packs.
The weather is a little cooler this week, so i'll probably be hitting the treadmill in stead of outside like I did on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10