Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Why am I so afraid of cycling outside?

I run - that's what I love to do. I have been asked several times if I have ever considered training for a triathalon. The answer is a very quick - NO.  Why not you ask?  Well, I am petrified to ride a bike in the road. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. I have no problem running in the road. The way I see it is that if a car comes at me, I can jump out of the way. Where exactly am I going with a bike? Also, on a bike I can't see what's coming since I'd be going in the same direction as the cars. This whole fear is something that I really need to get over. I guess it's no different than being afraid of spiders or small spaces. I should just get out there one day and do it to conquer this absurd fear. My plea here is for some help! Please tell me why I shouldn't be scared and how awesome triathalons are.  I'd love to hear from some cycling enthusiasts. Maybe that would help.  Thanks in advance =)

Today's Workout:  6.1 mile run and Cardio Barre + F&V  Total Points for HBBC:  13.1

1 comment:

  1. I had a huge fear of biking on the road too. I want to get into triathlons, and the only place to ride a road bike is, well, on the road! I'm all about just facing fears though, so I bought a road bike in August. I'm still a little nervous, but definitely getting more confident. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows. - John 10:10